At DHF Law, our mission is to help consumers like you obtain a second chance; to enforce applicable laws to make sure consumers' records are up to date and accurate; and to ensure that every consumer who has a conviction record receives the full protection of law in employment, housing, licensing and education.
We believe our mission promotes public interest because it helps consumers move on with their lives and receive a fair chance in employment.
Devin H. Fok - Founder of DHF Law
(State Bar Number: 256599)
Admitted to Practice in All Courts in California
- California Supreme Court
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
Mr. Fok is a graduate of UCLA School of Law. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Earnest Hiroshige of the Los Angeles County Superior Court where he obtained an instructive view of trial practice from a judicial perspective. Before Mr. Fok founded his own practice, he developed his litigation and lawyering skills while working as an attorney at Girardi & Keese, one of the most reputable consumer litigation firms in California. Mr. Fok has devoted his entire practice to assisting clients with conviction records. In addition to helping many people expunge their criminal records, Mr. Fok is one of the few attorneys in California representing consumers who have been wrongfully denied employment as a result of their criminal records. Mr. Fok has been certified as class counsel and is currently involved in numerous class actions across the country involving violation of background check laws.
Joseph Lee - Attorney
(State Bar Number: 249435)
Mr. Lee is a graduate of UCLA School of Law. After law school, he developed his lawyering and litigation skills while working at a top ranked law firm. Mr. Lee also acquired extensive deposition experience while working for one of the largest and reputable workers' compensation law firms in California, specializing in work related injuries. He is now devoting his efforts to help consumers expunge their criminal records and help those who have been wrongfully denied employment as a result of their criminal records. He is also currently working on several class action cases.
What Is Happening And What We Are Involved In
- Roe, et al. v. Intellicorp Records, Inc. - $18.6 million settlement along with the background check company's promise to stop selling instant background check reports.
- Regalado v. Ryder Systems, Inc. - a nationwide class action in which this office helped reach a class-wide settlement on behalf of applicants who have been denied employment without being provided a copy of a background check report.
- Dowell et al. v. GIS - a pending nationwide class action alleging disclosure of adverse information on background check reports that are older than 7 years.
- Moran v. The Screening Pros - a pending appeal in the 9th Circuit related to the constitutionality of the California background check laws and issues related to its federal counter part in which the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau joined in amicus curiae.
- Many more...